Our Family

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, February 13, 2009

Parent teacher conferences

Today was the kids' p-t conferences....I remember when I was in school I use to dread these things.....But I have come to love going to the school and talking to the kids' teachers....

First I met with Joshua's teacher who is on maternity leave, she will be back March 9th, When Joshua first started school, he didn't recognize most of his letters, he could sing them......And while he was home I didn't think about trying to make him recognize them......But he has come a long, LONG ways and is doing awesome......We still need to work on drawing and recognizing a rectangle..........He has to know that before going on to kindergarten........Basically his teacher started with a clean slate wiht him and is impressed with all that he has accomplished, wtg Joshua.........

On to Alyssa......First I met with her mainstream teacher who has been having issues with her and her attitude and not doing what she has been asked to do......HUM sound familiar.........But regardless of that something is working........She has brought her math grade up from a D in december to a B midway through the 3rd 9wks......the rest of her grades are all A's........I'm so proud of her........She is doing awesome....However she is still having issues with her routine being interupted and dealing with large amounts of kids around her........Her special ed teacher says she does awesome in her class........I can not fathom pulling her out of her mainstream class at all but I considering she has never had under a B in that class I wonder just what all we need to address come next wk when we have her IEP meeting.....I am going to have them do an IEP for behaviors.......I had the meeting scheduled for thursday but after I got home I remembered Kent had a dr's appt for the ENT to schedule for his tonsils to come out..........He suffered through a bad bought of tonsilitis and strep a mth or so ago........And had 2 different antibotics before he got over them and then they still haven't gone down much.......So I am rescheduleing my appt because it is so hard to reschedule his.......No big deal I will just call Ms. Jones in the morning and let her know.........

No comments:

Post a Comment