Oklahoma fun, I found this in "The Paper" published November 29th, 2010
Love the summer?
Want something to eat?
South Coffeeville (it is not spelled the way but is pronounced this way)
Why travel to another state
Don’t forget the wildlife
Feeling a bit chilly?
Like the president?
Names to make you smile………….
And regardless of percussion……….
Little know facts about Oklahoma
1. The bread twist tie was invented in Maysville
2. The shopping cart was invented in Ardmore in 1936
3. The nation’s first parking meter was installed in Oklahoma City in 1935.
4. The first Girl Scout Cookie was sold in Muskogee in 1917.
5. The Oklahoma State capital is the only capital in the U.S. with a working oil wells on its ground
6. Boise City, Oklahoma was the only city in the U.S. to be bombed during World War II. On Monday night, July 5, 1943 at 12:30 a.m., A B-17 bomber based at Dalhart Army Air Base, Tx dropped six practice bombs on the sleeping town, mistaking the city lights as target lights. As target lights.
7. WKY Radio in Oklahoma City was the first radio station transmitting west of the Mississippi River.
8. The nation’s first “Tornado Warning” was issued on March 25, 1948 in Oklahoma City minutes before a devastating tornado. Because of the warning, no lives were lost.
9. Oklahoma has the largest Native America population of any state in the U.S.
10. The name “Oklahoma” comes from two Choctaw words……..okla meaning “people” and humma meaning “red”. So the name means “Red People” the name was approved in 1890.
11. Oklahoma has more man made lakes than any other state.
12. During the “land rush”, Oklahoma City went from a prairie to a city of over 10,000 in a single day.
13. The nation’s first traffic “Yeild” sign was erected in Tulsa on a trial basis.
14. Pensacola Dam~ between the Mayes county towns of Langley and Disney~ is the longest multi-arched dam in the world at 6,565.
15. The “Port of Catoosa” is the largest inland port in America
16. Per square mile, Oklahoma has more tornados than any other place in the world.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
this is Chi's body as of today.......is it an allergic rxn to Pcn which she is on now for bronchitis or is it viral or could it even be measles.......who knows but I do know it doesn't seem to bother her, more it bothers mommy......these were taken this morning, she was covered from diaper area to her head with this fine red dot rash......I gave her benedryl to see if it helped in case she is having an allergic rxn to the antibotics........I will get new pics in the morning......