Our Family

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

My new nightmare

As a parent, you have a variety of nightmares that at anytime can come true........Worries never end........

We have all heard about kids being left in hot cars and dying.......Normally they are babies........Today this is what happened to our family.......

Kent took Alyssa, Joshua and Austin up the road to the little convinence store to get them a pickle and to get the paper........Normally he doesn't take them.......So this was a nice treat for them as well as for momma......It gave me a couple of minutes alone with Jace..........They were gone for no more then 10 mins........Seriously that is how close this store is........Well they come back to the house and in comes Joshua, Alyssa carrying the paper and Kent carrying the jar of pickles..........No Austin.........I didn't think anything about it because Austin will stay outside and play with the dogs or the cat.......I mean we do live in the country for crying out loud........But normally my baby will come in the house shortly there after...........Well about 10 mins passes and I hollar at them "Where's Austin" at first they didn't answer me so I hollared again "Where's Austin".........Kent tells Alyssa to go get Austin then I hear him say "Oh shit" he is still buckled up in the suburban.........Its a 100 degrees outside...........I flipped however Kent continues to stand in front if the fridge.........I lost it!!!! He went out and got him............Austin was tramatized to say the least...........He had tears rolling down his little cheeks, he was sweating but was ok..........He is upset with his daddy that his daddy forgot him...........I made him stay in the house, set in front of the fan and drink a bottle of water........He was still upset with his daddy when he went to bed..........

Now for those of you who know Kent, knows about his heart condition..........Since it started he has had issues with short term memory loss..........If you know him well enough you also know he denys it, LOL.............I have noticed lately the memory laspes are getting worse but of course you can't tell that to him.........Well as of yesterday, he now sees what I was seeing..........It also bringsthe thought that his heart is not pumping right........The pump side of the heart is what was effected, they told us that even if the meds worked that eventually there could come a time that they just wouldn't anymore.........If this is the case and the pump side is wearing out and it means that not enough oxygen rich blood is being pumped threw his body........Luckily we have an echocardiogram scheduled for tuesday.........He hasn't had one in over a year..........Its time to see what its doing...........When this all started, he doesn't remember hardly anything about the 8 days he spent on death's door.........I took him to the local ER who later told us that if I had decided to drive him to the nearest VA like I had orginally planned on doing that he wouldn't have made it............He was that close to dying then........So for us to be going threw this now is like he is living on borrowed time anyways........I know God has a plan for us, I really would like to know what it is now and not later before it cost me one of my children.........We will be calling the dr here in a bit to leave them a message about what is going on........and hopefully she can give us some insight............

No comments:

Post a Comment