Our Family

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our texas vacation 7-8-09

We had an awesome time, LOL..........Of course who wouldn't when they go on vacation..........

We left the 8th around 7:30, only an hour and a half late.........Finish topping off the tank and get Kent a cup of cappicino and me a pop (I so needed the caffeine)........Start heading south, get a phone call from Carie asking where we were (she knows me all to well and knew I wouldn't be leaving on time, however I think I did surprise her because we were gone and on the road) She informs us that its raining in Sapulpa or was it Tulsa (who cares) anyways it was moving towards McAlster which happens to be the way we are heading, LOL........Wouldn't you know it, we get there around 9:30 and it is pouring rain..........Now when we bought the suburban, I bought new windsheild wipers..........They were not the cheapest by any means but not the most expensive either.......They were Michelin (spl)..........So Kent tries to bend it to see if it would help..........Nope but then the rain stopped.........I should have went to walmart right then but of course I didn't.........Lesson learned, I think...........So anyways we continue on our trip heading south........The kids finally fall asleep and somewhere down south before we got to Durant we changed drivers..........The next thing I know is that Kent is saying kids welcome to Texas, we had crossed the Red River.......Its not really Red or at least not where we crossed at.........We arrive in Dallas around noon..........OMG, Traffic was horrible.......



This is my first experiance with Dallas traffic and it gets worse.........the lane next to us is going north on I-45..........I seriously am questioning taking this route again when we go back down........If we have to take the route through Dallas I am going to visit my dr and ask for aniexty pills before we leave........Give me some xanax or valium or something cause I absolutely lost it when Kent was driving..........After Dallas we continued on and somewhere on the South side we changed drivers back...........Outside of Huntsville what do we find again but rain.........This time the rain is so bad that I can't see to drive, drivers are goin 20-25mphs............At first I was just going to pull of and wait it out..........but then I decided I am going to go ahead and follow the traffic as the rain let up a bit and I could finally see..........Then wouldn't you know it, it starts raining harder..............So I pull off the next exit which happens to be Willis, Tx and I found an autozone and bought me a rainx wiperblade to the tune of $14 and some change..........I could have gotten it cheaper at home......UGH but I was tired of not being able to see.............I'm not sure where but somewhere before we got to Houston we changed drivers again.............



The kids really wanted to stop and check out the ferris wheel but mom veto'd them.........We were on a mission, and we were going to get there.........It took us 2 hrs to get 30 miles in Houston traffic (Uncle Ricky, I love ya but I hate where ya live, lol) So we get to Granny's and have supper.....and then the kids went to bed......

No comments:

Post a Comment