Our Family

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The flu

Has made its way into our home........YUCK!!!!  It is more than likely the swine flu but they won't test as they are having to many false negatives.........they just treat.........So all of us except Jace is on tamiflu............

Jace had an appt with the Nicu dr in the follow up clinic.........He still only weighs 13lbs 7oz..and is 25" long............They checked his developement and the only thing that he is not measuring on track for is his eating.......He chokes when I feed him something like cereal.......So his Neonatologist said try peas.......I want to laugh about that seriously.......that is to funny but this man has been a neonatalogist for 30+ years.........So I tend to think he knows what he is talking about.........So I tried Jace on baby food againist my better judgement, I didn't make it because a friend said that it could be that I am not getting the texture right for Jace........Guess what it worked.........Woohoo, he ate some sweet potatos and some pears last night and loved it......and didn't choke once......He is also getting up on his knees and trying to crawl...........Whoa nelly slow down...........you are not suppose to be doing this yet........His adjusted age is 4 and half months.........but you tell this kid he is suppose to not be doing stuff that a 6 mth old is...........Yea right...........

So anyways I mentioned to the dr that Jace had croup a couple of weeks ago and that 2 of my kids had the flu now.......He says nope, he had the flu and it just effected him like the croup.......which makes a whole lot of sense to me...........Anyways the next week which was last week, Kent got diagnosed with pneumonia.........OH JOY, this man has never had pneumonia but he has it know........and right after that Joshua starts complaining of a headache..........I didn't think anything of it, just thought he might be over stimulated from school/had a hard day.........and let it go cause he never said anything else after we got home.........Then on thursday he began to cough, nothing significant but enough that I just watched him closer.........And then on friday evening he tells me he has a sore throat.........OK.......thats just peachy, he just had his tonsils out........so I blew it off........Saturday he gets up, gets fully dressed including socks and shoes and puts on his pleather coat which is not exactly a light coat...........I asked him what he was doing, he says momma I'm freezing.............checked him for a temp and he didn't have one......so left him be........5 am the next morning he came into my bed around 5 am and he says momma I have headache and my throat hurts and he is crying.......I set up to give him some lovings and he is burning up..........Yep the fever hit............I treated him all day long for the fever and then Alyssa woke up the next day with the sore throat and headache, so I kept her home from school.........Jace had an appt for his 6 mth check up and shots.........I talked to the dr about them and because Joshua is running a fever they start the tamiflu and by the time I get home Alyssa is running a fever.........So another call to the dr and a trip to the pharmacy the following afternoon and by the time I get there Austin is sick with the fever, so now all 3 have it...........All of us are on tamiflu..........

No comments:

Post a Comment