Our Family

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Crazy life!!

Austin had his 3 yr old check up yesterday........He weighs a whopping 29.8lbs.......and is 37" tall..........They said he is in the 50th percentile for his weight and 75th percentile for his height.......Just like his daddy and sister, he is going to be tall and lanky........Joshua on the other hand had his checkup for croup and weighs 44lbs..........We often joke that Joshua is built like my side of the family and that Alyssa and Austin take after daddy's side of the family..........But it makes me curious as to how Jace will come out........I am hoping againist all odds that I have a dark haired blue eyed baby...............All my kids are blonde, Clayton has blue eyes just like his momma but Alyssa, Joshua and Austin have hazel eyes that turn green.........Austin has the weirdest colored eyes as it is......they almost look like a dark gray at times.......But all 3 of them have their daddy's twinkle........Ya know with Kent being a brown eyed indian and me being a blue eyes where the heck did the hazel/green/gray come from.........My mom, dad, brothers, grandmother, grandfather (paternal) everyone that I know of on my side of the family has blue eyes, not a single green or hazel (Oh wait there maybe one and of course she is already the odd ball out (love ya)..........AS for Kent's side of the family, well I'm not sure........OOOOO I can blame it on him........hehehehe


AS for Kent~Well his tonsilectomy healing is not going that great.......I used to think I wanted to become a nurse.......however I am not sure I want to take care of grown men......they are just to whiny (then you wonder where my daughter got it from)............Ya'll know he smokes......Ok, they tell you when you have a tooth pulled not to smoke because it can dislodge a blood clot and then you are bleeding..........you would think that it would be the same way with a tonsilectomy...........Can ya get him to even slow down.........Nope....not happening..........Last night the site on the inside of his throat started oozing blood.......He has been gagging on it and carrying on like he is dying.......Telling me about it.......I finally blew up and asked him what he wanted me to do about it..........Seriously there is not a thing I can do about it........I took him to the ER at the VA (we all know how well that goes) they could not figure out where it was coming from......I made it about 10 miles from the ER and he started throwing it up........So we turned around and went back........This time one of the other surgeons came down and took a look.........(why they didn't do this before I have no clue) but they figure out where it is coming from and the cause of it..........He takes aspirin everyday to prevent blood clots (he had 2 form 6 yrs ago and has been on that ever since) anyways one of the side effects of that is it thins the blood.........He stopped it the week before surgery as he was told to.........However they didn't say not to start it back up after surgery so on wednesday he started it back up.......Now combined with the fact that a lot of incisions drain from time to time and his blood being thin........Its the cause........They said that it will continue for a few days but he should be remarkably better by thursday and if not to come back in.............Ok so we get home and the trash needs to go out.........Neither one of us thought anything about it........He is up doing that and the chores (taking care of our animals) when he starts bleeding heavily again..........He is ready to go back to the ER........I have one kid eating, one kid in the tub and another switching the laundry around for momma..........He is frustrated because we can't just pick up and leave........finally I get the kids taken care of........Get them redressed and we leave for the ER...........by that time he has calmed down considerably.........We get into Locust and I figured it out what was going on........When you are up and walking, moving, doing chores......You are increasing your heart rate........increasing your body temp..........When that happens your blood vessels expand, causing more bleeding...........As your body temp cools, your heart rate slows down, your vessels contract, slowing the bleeding........Which is exactly what happened to Kent...........I just had to be able to think about what was going on to tell him in words that he could understand it.........So off to the grocery store to get more pop sciles and bananas for the kids and back home..........Again the coldness from the pop sciles will help contract it so that it doesn't bleed so much.........Now if I can get him away from all the hot stuff that he wants to drink/eat...........Ok I think I have bored ya to tears now........hehehehe........

No comments:

Post a Comment