Our Family

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, August 7, 2009

August 7th, 2000

@ 5:24 pm I gave birth to my first and only girl........Because of my blood pressure climbing they decided it would be best if I delivered her early......So on the night of August 6th-morning of August 7th, I went in to be induced I wasn't due until August 27th and my dr had the nerve to tell me that I could go into september before delivering.........I was induced with my first son so I expected something like what I went threw the first time 7 yrs prior.........I made sure my apartment was clean before I left.....Knowing that I woudln't feel like cleaning it when I got home....Remember Vision ware cookware......Well I had one of their sauce pans.......I ended up breaking it right before I left for the hospital.......I should have known then that nothing was going to go as planned.......

I had had a lot of issues when I was pg with her......I was having contractions from the time I was 16 wks pg.....She had her head on my left hip the entire pregnancy......So why should my labor be any different.......On the thursday before that sunday, Kent was taking an a/c out of window and sliced his arm wide open so off to the ER we went......The PA that we had to do the stitches was betting that I would go in before monday and they wanted to argue with me that it was a girl......I didn't believe that she was a girl until she was born........I also had an u/s that day that showed she was still on my hip......So sunday night rolls around and I go in for my first cervadil........I was tightly closed and thick (I wasn't ready to be induced) but the pill did start the contractions.......They were doing somethign but not enough so they added in the pit........I labored threw it all with only staydol......I wasn't giving in to the epidural at all......7:30 the dr comes in and breaks my water.......I told him then that I thought she was still turned wrong.......He says no she is head down.......but I was only dialated to a 2.......I dont' remember what station........he comes back in at noon and I'm still at a 2, I told him again that she was turned wrong......he said no, no she is just fine.....I continued to labor until about 5:00 when he came in to check me again........I was still at a 2 but now my blood pressure was going up and her heart rate was decelling and not picking back up the way that they would have liked........So they said its time for a c/s.......By this time I had been in labor for over 17 hrs and I was just plain tired.........So off to the OR we go.........Man once they made up their mind that she had to come out it was no time and she was here.....They got me in the OR and a spinal done and her out at 5:24pm.......Just that fast.....She scored 8/9 on her apgars.......Daddy got to carry her to the Nursery and give her her first bath.....All while they sewed me up and sent me to the PP floor.......They also gave me an morphine pump......Wow that thing works......anyways........My baby girl arrived into this world weighing in at 6lbs 9oz and was 19.5 inches long....The funny thing is when she was born she had a cone on the side of her head........Just like I said she was turned wrong and wasn't exactly pressing on my cervix.......She had a headful of reddish blonde hair........And became the center of our world.......We stayed in the hospital til sunday which was my birthday.........She had problems gaining weight and at 9 days old we were back in the hospital because she quite breathing......Here she is today a happy, healthly 9 yr old........Happy Birthday Baby Girl.......

No comments:

Post a Comment