Our Family

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 13th

We headed home..........We had decided while we were there that we were going to visit granddad's grave and see where some other family members were buried.......Kent's gps on his cell phone absolutely sucks........So my friend Tracy comes back into play.......I called her to help me find the cemetary..........This is after we called Granny who said it was between Willis and New Waverly........of course the exit for Willis is the one I just passed.........so I get off at this other exit, not sure where it lead to but I turned and followed the road towards New Waverly...........We get into town and stop at the gas station to ask directions.......The girl in there was rude to Kent and said "I'm not from here" I dont' know where it is..........So because my batteries in my camera are dead and we forgot the charger for the rechargables.........I stopped at dollar general.........I asked the lady in there and she said........"Honey, I'm not from here, I'm from Huntsville (its about 10 miles from where we are at)..........so she asked the customer that was in front of me when I came to check out.......He says I don't live here I"m from Dallas......But at least both of them were really nice.......As I am finishing up my purchases another couple comes in, I asked them......They said they know where Black Jack road is but not the cemetary......The other couple that also had come in to buy their baby a binkie because he lost all of his and was throwing a fit (I so know how that is) and said its up that road towards Phelps.........Well I get to the road......No problem, I'm driving and driving and not seeing any cemetary, no signs for one either.........I get to the road that turns to go to Huntsville or Livingston and know that I am lost.......So here is where Tracy comes in, LOL.......I called her and said I need my gps again, she laughs..........She can not find it either...........No where she looks can she find anything about it..........So I asked her to find me a morturary or funeral home.........She gets me Huntsville funeral home...........They get me back to where I need to be........I find the road (gotta turn off the main road onto a dirt road)............Well silly me follows the road instead of staying straight.......I ended up in a pasture.........Granny had to laugh about it.........She says I know that pasture you ended up in............So we go back and now Kent's GPS starts working.......LOL...........and low and behold if I would have taken the straight and narrow path I would have ran into the cemetary..........I didn't have any issues finding the graves either.........Its a very small country cemetary.......With a lot of history.........Alyssa is the one who found the headstones for Granddaddy........But we also discovered a mess while we were there...........One of the tombstones was knocked over and at first we didn't realize that it was Great Granddad's and Grandma Loving's............Until after we called Granny and it dawned on me that the initals on the footstones stood for that.........Duh I can say I come by my blonde moments naturally...........I also took pictures of the headstones so that I continue on my quest of cracking the family tree........So in a nutshell that was a vacation..........There is never a dull moment........hehehe but then again I wouldn't have it any other way.............

No comments:

Post a Comment